Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Crash by Nicole Williams

Crash by Nicole Williams
Genre: NA Romance
Publication: December 18th, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Page Count: 365
Goodreads
Amazon

Jude Ryder and Lucy Larson are this generation's Romeo and Juliet: Explosive. Sizzling. Tragic.

A steamy summer encounter with bad boy Jude means trouble for Lucy. Her sights are set on becoming a ballerina, and she won't let anything get in her way . . . except Jude.

He's got a rap sheet, dangerous mood swings, and a name that's been sighed, shouted, and cursed by who knows how many girls.

Jude's a cancer, the kind of guy who's fated to ruin the lives of girls like Lucy—and he tells her so.

But as rumors run rampant and reputations are destroyed, Lucy's not listening to Jude's warning. Is tragedy waiting in the wings? This racy romance is hot, hot, hot!

 All of a sudden, there seemed to be so much craze about this book a few months ago in the book world. Like--BAM!--here's this shiny new book with a hot romance and just pure awesome NA flashing in my face. For obvious reasons (the promise of a sexy man), I decided that yes, I did want to read this book, and my prayers were answered in the form of a discounted price on Amazon. Bought in the blink of an eye.

I absolutely adored Lucy in the first few pages of the book. The novel starts off with her on the beach and spotting this unbelievably attractive guy on the beach. So, like any other girl would do, she tries to nab his attention in the most conspicuous way ever because--let's face it--we're not that suave. And when they first meet, it's like lightning! Their chemistry is sizzling hot you could start a fire with it. I am immediately intrigued by this bad-boy character and want to see more of him. 

And being that I mainly read YA, I was kind of okay with this bad-boy Jude with the mysterious past. But then, when I started reading more about him, I began to less and less like Jude. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't generally like dealing with bad boy bullshit. If he's an asshole when you first meet him, chances are, he's just an asshole in general. Jude wasn't the I've-had-a-tough-life-but-am-actually-a-total-softie-once-you-get-to-know-me bad boy; he was the I've-made-mistakes-and-have-a-totally-messed-up-past-and-I-kinda-lust-you-Lucy-but-I'm-going-to-take-out-all-my-anger-on-you-but-then-apologize-and-everything-will-be-fine bad boy. To me, I thought he was mean, but since Lucy had this whole saving-people complex, she took his bull that wouldn't have flown by me. So once I really got to see what kind of character Jude was, I didn't like him anymore.

But I liked the romance. And this is where my weakness fell in. I'm not usually a sucker for this kind of stuff in books, but I have no clue. I enjoyed it and I am not ashamed!

Other than that, I really did enjoy this book. I loved the fact that Lucy was a dancer. I love dance and I used to dance, so I love it when I find a character that was equally as passionate about dance as I am. And I truly did love Lucy as a character in general. I only wish that she hadn't fallen for a total jerk, but then what would have been the book?

Crash is definitely a quick and steamy read that'll keep readers occupied and interested!

4 Splashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people, so comment away! What do you think of this post?

Designed by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.